In the age of the Smartphone, the e-book, bluetooth and other wireless technologies I sometimes wonder, "What's next?" We have more technology in our pockets now than ever before. I use an Iphone and for most purposes can do what I need through the day on it. It even tracks my diet and helps me keep up with my calories. Wow! All this being said cars are enjoying the benefits of the tech-age as well. The new Cruze utilizes an Onstar system that will let you check your oil life, tire pressure, fuel and even remotely start and lock your doors all from your phone. This is amazing. I saw a commercial the other day where the same concept is being used for home security. Pretty soon you won't even need a computer. Some criticize and say we are relying on technology too much. I disagree. I say use the imagination and lets see what we can do next. With this comes great responsibility. Just as you have to be careful of what you say, be careful what you type. Once it is sent you can't take it back. So be mindful. Future employers, friends or even future love interests can be looking. FaceBook, MySpace and other social media is good but watch what you post. That picture of you drunk humping the neighbor's dog may be funny now but it wont be in ten years when your children google you and it pops up.
I don't blog as much as I would like just for that reason. I use this site to share info but I have to be mindful of who is reading it. I won't post something my children couldn't read.
Thanks as always!
No comments:
Post a Comment